On 18th June 2017, a Service of Celebration will be held at the Cathedral and Abbey Church of St Alban, and all Hertfordshire Freemasons, and their families, are cordially invited to attend. Further information will be available in due course through the Provincial website.
Masonic centres around the Province are encouraged to hold open days during the course of the Tercentenary year, to engage with our local communities and let the public find out a bit more about who we are and what we do.
Details will be made available here.
11.6.17 – The Cloisters, Letchworth
Family Fun Day
Hertfordshire and Middlesex are working together in 2017 to stage a spectacular Family Fun Day at the Royal Masonic School for Girls at Rickmansworth. http://www.hertsfamilyfunday.com/about
Hertfordshire is one of 5 Provinces (the others being Middlesex, Berkshire, Buckinghamshire and Oxfordshire) taking part in an Inter-Provincial Sporting Challenge over the next year. 11 sports are being contested, and details are being finalized at the moment.
So far, we have information for :
- • Quiz – 31st March 2017 at Witney Masonic Centre, Oxfordshire
- • Motorcycle Run – will take place in Buckinghamshire in April 2017
- • Bowls – 12th May 2017 at City and County Bowls Club, Oxford
- Fishing Competitions (Coarse and Fly) will take place on 14th May/29th April 2017 at GUC Manor Fields, Bletchley and at Rib Valley Fishery, near Ware, respectively.
Interested in taking part contact Bro. Steve Parker on 01992 425411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org now
- • Car Rally – 21st May 2017 at the Historic Show-ground, adjacent to The Long Walk, Windsor Castle, Windsor Great Park
- • Golf – 8th June 2017 at Lambourne Golf Club
- • Fun Run – will take place at The Cloisters, Letchworth on 11th June 2017
- • Cycle Race – will take place 9th July 2017, starting in Rickmansworth
- • Tug of War will take place at the Family Fun Day, on 22nd July 2017 at the Royal Masonic School for Girls in Rickmansworth
- • Clay Pigeon Shoot will take place on 13th September 2016 at the EJ Churchill Shooting Ground
Further details will be added as they become available.
Our curator and archivist, W Bro Brian Tierney has been working with W Bro Chris Common to catalogue all of the Banners in Hertfordshire, both Craft and other Orders. They are in the process of putting the finishing touches to a website where all this hard work can be seen, and a link will be available here as soon as it is live.
300 for 30
The Provincial Grand Master is keen to support local charities during this special year, and plans to give 30 individual grants of £300 each to local charities. He has asked Lodges to nominate small charities that would particularly benefit from such a donation.