|Consecration:||20 March 1926|
|Meeting Place:||The Cloisters – Letchworth|
|Meeting Dates:||2nd Saturday January (Installation) 2nd Saturday February 2nd Saturday March 2nd Saturday October 2nd Saturday November|
Mimram Lodge was the first Lodge to be consecrated in the Welwyn Garden City area and there has been some conjecture as to why it never bore the town’s name, despite the fact that the Lodge Founders were also Founders of the town. The answer is somewhat prosaic. By 1926, the town was already six years old but there was still some disagreement over its final name. In the light of this indecision, the Lodge Founders, including Sir Theodore Chambers, a close colleague of the town’s founder Sir Ebenezer Howard, decided it would be prudent to name the new Lodge after the River Mimram which flowed to the north of the town under the great Victorian railway viaduct, opened in 1850 to span the Mimram valley, a scene depicted in the Lodge Crest.