Layston Lodge

Lodge Number: 6699
Consecration: 12 July 1948
Meeting Place: The Masonic Hall – Royston
Meeting Dates: 4th Saturday March (Installation)
4th Saturday January
3rd Saturday May
4th Saturday November

Layston Lodge 6699 was founded by local businessmen, taking it’s name from the local Parish of Layston. It was consecrated on 12th July 1948, Charles Henry Poulton was the First Master.

The Crest headed by a broken pendent bearing two tongued lions rampant, and motto – ‘Stabilis in Fidele’ – ‘Established in Faith’, is taken from the Family Arms of Sir Charles Heaton Ellis, Founder and first Master of the Mother Lodge, Royston No. 4304.  The Crest Shield, Mother and Child dexter quarter and St. John’sCross are from the arms displayed on the Hospital, now the local Alms Houses, and donated by Bishop Seth Ward, son of a local attorney.