Welwyn Lodge

Lodge Number: 3227
Consecration: 14 June 1907
Meeting Place: Halsey Masonic Hall – Cheshunt
Meeting Dates: 4th Saturday February (Installation)
4th Saturday April
4th Saturday June
4th Saturday September


The Lodge’s Mother, Hatfield Lodge No. 3190, founded in 1906, had two Daughters, Welwyn in 1907 and Sprig of Acacia in 1908, a young Mother indeed. There were nineteen Founder Members, of whom nine were from the Mother Lodge. For sentimental reasons they may have wished to provide a link between Mother and Daughter, hence the name of the neighbouring village of Welwyn. The Lodge Crest, St. Mary’s, Welwyn, was adopted with permission of the Church Authorities.