|Consecration:||1 June 1929|
|Meeting Place:||The Cloisters – Letchworth|
|Meeting Dates:||4th Saturday September (Installation)
4th Saturday January
4th Saturday March
4th Saturday October
4th Saturday November
0nly four years after the consecration of the Icknield Lodge No. 4670, the growing population of Letchworth Garden City, which had been founded in 1903, and the large number of potential candidates, prompted the foundation of the Letchworth Garden City Lodge. The Consecration was to have been performed by RW Bro Charles Keyser, but he unfortunately died just prior to the meeting and the ceremony was performed by his Deputy, W. Bro W Hamilton-Underhill. The Lodge Emblem represents a house set in a garden, typical of the new Garden City, which had encouraged the building of many such homes.
The 1954 Silver Jubilee booklet had the following; “By their quiet and devoted service they have built here a Temple, not of timber and stone, but in the hearts of their fellows”. This is the true story of the Letchworth Garden City Lodge.